The ss Rotterdam is easy to reach and in walking distance from Hotel New York. Just cross the foot bridge to Katendrecht, take a right and walk alongside the water for 10-15 minutes.
OBJECT & ss Rotterdam | Deals & Discounts
> Take a break at the Lido Restaurant. On display of your OBJECT wristband you get a Captain’s Deluxe lunch including one drink for € 12,50 p.p. or € 5,00 discount on your à la carte dinner. Bon appetit!
> Extend your visit to the fair with a stay at the ss Rotterdam. For only € 54,50 per person you can spend the night at our beautiful location, enjoy a continental breakfast, receive one free OBJECT entry ticket and a glass of prosecco upon arrival at the ship. Cheers!
The ss Rotterdam car park is located in front of the ship. The rates for parking are € 3,- an hour or € 15,- for 24 hours. Parking can be paid for in cash and credit card.
It is also possible to buy a multiple entry and exit 24 hour parking ticket. The rate is the same as normal 24 hour parking. The multiple entry and exit tickets can be purchased at the Customer Service on the Main Deck onboard the ship.
When using navigation to drive to the ss Rotterdam, please enter ‘Maashavenkade’ as your destination. This street will turn into 3e Katendrechtsehoofd.
From Breda (A16)
1. From the A16 take exit 24 Feijenoord
2. Keep left on the exit and continue to Feijenoord, at the second traffic lights keep right.
3. After the flyover turn left and follow the signs: ss Rotterdam
From Europoort (A15)
1. On the A15 take Exit 19a to Zuidplein/Ahoy
2. Follow the signs: Erasmusbrug/ss Rotterdam.
From Den Haag (A13)
1. From the A13 keep left at Kleinpolderplein and continue on the A20 in the direction of Dordrecht.
2. Take exit 14 Centrum and turn right at the traffic lights
3. Follow this road through the city center and over the Erasmusbrug
4. Once you cross the Erasmusbrug follow the signs ss Rotterdam.
From Utrecht (A12)
1. Take the A20 to Rotterdam.
2. Keep right at Capelle aan den IJssel and follow the A16 to Dordrecht.
3. Keep right and take Exit 25 Centrum.
4. At the traffic light turn right and keep left. Continue straight until you reach the Erasmusbrug.
5. Once you cross the Erasmusbrug follow the signs ss Rotterdam.
Alternative from Utrecht (A12).
1. Take the A20 to Rotterdam.
2. keep right at Capelle aan den IJssel and follow the A16 to Dordrecht.
3. Follow the signs Feyenoord, cross the Brienenoordbrug and take Exit 24 Feyenoord.
4. Keep left on the exit and continue to Feijenoord, at the second traffic lights keep right.
5. After the flyover turn left and follow the signs: ss Rotterdam
Free Shuttle Service Art Rotterdam Week
During Art Rotterdam Week two shuttle buses run to all the art fairs and participating institutions.
Route bus 1: Art Rotterdam/Van Nelle – AVL Mundo – Museum Boijmans van Beuningen/Museumpark – Rotterdam Contemporary Art Fair/WTC
Route bus 2: Museum Boijmans van Beuningen/Museumpark – Nederlands Fotomuseum/Wilhelminapier – OBJECT Rotterdam/ss Rotterdam
At stop Museumpark (#11) you can transfer from bus 1 to 2 or vice versa. See the map below:
Free Shuttle Service Rijnhaven – ss Rotterdam
The ss Rotterdam free shuttle takes you to the metro station if desired Rijnhaven or vica versa. This shuttle commutes at fixed times. If the shuttle is not present at the pick-up point at the bottom of the subway station (taxi), you can contact the driver on +31 10 297 30 96.
Monday / Thursday from 08:30 to 11:00 and 16:30 to 19:00
Friday from 8:30 to 11:00 and 15:00 to 19:00
Saturday and Sunday between 08:30 and 19:00
Bus stop 77 is situated in front of the ship.
From Rotterdam Central Station:
1. Take Metro’s D orf E to Slinge or De Akkers
2. From metro station Rijnhaven, take bus 77 to ss Rotterdam.
3. From the bus stop ss Rotterdam it is a 5 minute walk to the main entrance of the ss Rotterdam.
It is also an option to walk to the ss Rotterdam from the metro station. The walk will take approximately 15 to 20 minutes. From the metro station Rijnhaven walk in the direction of Maashaven. Take a right at Maashaven N.Z.. Walk all the way to the end of the street. You can see the ship once you get to the end.
The only valid travel pass for the metro is the OV-chipcard (for more information: www.ret.nl).
Water Taxi Rotterdam
At the rear of the ss Rotterdam the Water Taxi Rotterdam has a platform where the Water taxis dock.
For reservations | +31 10 403 03 03 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.watertaxirotterdam.nl
Between 11:00h and 19:00h there is a Tuk Tuk service available.
Tickets are available at the Customer Service on the Main Deck onboard the ss Rotterdam.
• Small voucher: €2,50, which covers a one way to Hotel New York, Spido, Leuvehaven, Euromast, Ahoy and a return to C1000/Metro Rijnhaven.
• Big voucher: €5,- which covers a one way to Central Station and De Kuip
• City Tour voucher: €10,- for a city tour of an hour, 2 persons minimum applies and a max of 6 persons.
Return trips are available for small and big vouchers. They are two small vouchers or two big vouchers.
Bicycle taxi service Rotterdam
Another sustainable way to travel is with a bicycle taxi ride. Take a unique look at the city of Rotterdam from the back of the bicycle taxi. For reservations call:
Fietstaxi Rotterdam | +31 6 15 29 59 01
Docking at the ss Rotterdam Water Taxi Platform
It is allowed to dock at the Water Taxi Platform at the rear of the ship to drop someone off, when it does not interfere with the Water Taxi Service in any way. To dock for a longer periode of time permission will need to be granted.