NEW! Creative Consult
Creative Consult – First Aid for creatives
The romantic idea of the independent designer and the successful design studio is not always the reality. In the design world you have to work hard, constantly profile yourself to be able to present and to sell your work. A starting designer should be both entrepreneur and entrepreneurial, he or she needs to know all about strategy, business development, sales, production and distribution. It is important to create a convincing presentation and to write an appealing text. Beautiful photography is key, a catchy website, and presence on the social media are a must. When is it time to go public, at which fairs should you actually (be) present and who would you like to meet? What about product pricing and how about royalties and licenses? 101 issues designers have to deal with, whether they are established or starting.
Because we frequently get these questions from creatives and because we believe that all designers do not have to reinvent the wheel, we offer a solution: a new practical designers service: Creative Consult. First Aid for creatives. Founded by Anne van der Zwaag because she knows what cultural entrepreneurship is and what starting creatives need to support their practice. She selected a small team of experts who have years of experience in the creative field. Experts who know exactly what designers need, have a large network in the industry and who also love to help you get started!
What do we offer?
The service you need will be offered in a session of two hours for 100 euro. Whether it is about business, communication, presentation or strategic advice, a good press release or attractive photography. We can help you with our new form of after-school care:
- Remco van der Voort: has extensive experience as an entrepreneur in the design world and specializes in business development and strategy. He was the director of furniture brand Pastoe, is agent of Flos and partner in Tuttobene, an agency and label for designers. With ‘Voort! business development in design’ he coaches designers in the journey from brand development and production to marketing and sales. He prefers to bring designers, architects, retailers and brands together to achieve something special.
- Antoinette Veneman: is brand strategist and marketing manager with national and international experience in the field of brand positioning and –presentations. She worked for the brand Prooff and since 2009 she owns ‘Via Veneman’ where she translates her knowledge about brands into strategic consultancy and marketing concepts.
- Viveka van de Vliet: started 25 years ago as a freelance journalist at Het Jeugdjournaal and newspaper Het Parool. As owner of ‘Goed Verhaal’ she specializes in the fields of design, art and architecture and writes for magazines, newspapers, museums and websites. She also composes art- and design books and texts and press releases for designers and design labels. Viveka likes to help designers with, amongst others, good customized texts.
- Ron Faas: knows all about visual communication. He is the creative director of Dietwee in Utrecht, the agency he founded with Tirso Francés in 1988. Starting with two men, the agency now has grown into a strategic branding, design and communications firm with clients such as Postbank/ING, Aids Fonds, BNO magazine Dude, Hogeschool Utrecht, PAN Amsterdam and Oerol. Dietwee helps brands with their positioning, identities, campaigns and websites.
- Arabella Coebergh : PR is Arabella Coebergh’s middle name, she has worked at Coebergh Communicatie & PR since 2000, and in 2006 she became associate partner. Coebergh is a premium agency thriving the PR for world class commercial brands as well as creative companies. As her speciality entails the art and design world, she likes to give creative talent a stage. For PR, communication and presentation you should contact her!
- Isidoor van Esch: is a young and upcoming talent in photography. He works for Ill & Lauw and runs his own studio: Isidoor Benjamin Photography. For OBJECT Rotterdam he made a series of strong portraits and captured all presentations at the fair vividly. You can ask Isidoor to make you a portrait and portray your presentation or product as well.
Every industrial, product and graphic designer, architect and fashion designer but also artist, illustrator or animator with a studio up to three people can join the Creative Consult Club. After that you can directly approach our experts for an appointment. He or she will send you an invoice afterwards. It´s really that simple…
Join the club!
Do you want to use our services? Then join our Creative Consult Club. For a fee of 50 euro you are part of the group and you can work with our experts. What else do we offer our club members? A drink and a meet and greet of course! Twice a year the experts and we come together at the home of OBJECT director Anne van der Zwaag.
THE TEAM :